Hi, Girls! Today I am going to review Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream which recently one of the must-haves in my makeup pouch.
I think choosing the right BB cream is as difficult as choosing the right foundation or compact. Sometimes the BB cream does not suit your skin tone and sometimes it leaves patches or doesn’t blend properly.
I bought the 01-Nude shade of Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream which suits my skin tone perfectly. I have used this Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream for a few months now, so here is the crisp and clear review on this product.
If you are not a BB cream person then let me tell you what a BB cream is and why you should use it. BB creams which popularly known as blemish balm or blemish base was originated in Germany. The need of one cosmetic which will protect skin, provide coverage after laser treatment was the reason BB creams came to the market.
BB creams from various brands provide skin coverage with added benefits like SPF, anti-oxidants, UV protection, skin brightening etc. The usage of BB cream varies from person to person. Some use it as a primer under foundation like a makeup base, few use BB creams as a sunscreen and some to brighten their skin tone.
Now coming back to Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream, this comes in three shades: 01-Nude, 02- Radiance and 03- Natural. I bought it from a store so I was able to choose the correct shade as per my skin tone. I would suggest go to a store and choose the right shade before buying it online or from any store.
Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream claims 8 Healthy- looking skin benefits, here they are:
- Instantly brightens: Brightens skin to one tone lighter.
- Protects with SPF 21/ PA+++ : Has a smooth, light & non-greasy texture.
- Evens tone: Hides imperfections & corrects uneven skin tone.
- Hydrates: Moisturises all day (8 hours).
- Conceals: Perfectly conceals flaws, blemishes & redness.
- Smoothes: Instantly makes skin softer & smoother.
- Mattifies: Controls shine all day.
- Freshens: Resists sweat & sebum for 5 hours.
Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream comes in a plastic tube in light teal colour. It has a narrow nozzle tip which perfectly ensures that there is no wastage of the cream due to over dispensing. There is a screw cap that protects this nozzle safely. The tube is small, cute and compact so no worries about space in your handbag.
Price in India:
The price for the 18 ml tube of Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream is Rs. 250
The shelf life of Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream is 36 months so don’t forget to check ‘imported on’ date on the packaging.
Aqua/ Water, Glyceryl, EthylOxyl Plamitate, Silica,OctylDodecanol, Talc, OctylDodecanol Xylosile, CoPolymer Isohexadecane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer , Isohexadecane Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, PEG-30, Dipolyhydroxystearate, Sodium Dehyrdoacetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra di butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Ascorbyl Acetate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Capryl Glycol, Disodium ETDA, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylisothiazolinone, Heyxl Cinnama Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol.
How to Use:
- Take a small amount of Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream in back of your hand first
- Now use your finger to dab the cream and apply it dots on your face
- Gently rub the cream in circular motion so that it spreads evenly
* My suggestion is start with forehead then nose and chin and finish with cheeks. However, it completely up to you how you are comfortable using this.
* You can also you a sponge to spread it evenly on your face instead of using your finger if you are not too comfortable with the rubbing techniques.
My Experience with Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream:
I was really excited to use this Maybelline Clear Glow Bright benefit Cream as I have heard and read all good reviews about the product. I bought this thinking that I will use this as a base for my makeup as using primers and concealers on an everyday basis is something I wanted to avoid.
But now I use it instead of foundation and sunscreen on daily basis. The shade I have is 01 Nude, which is for whitish to dusky skin tone. This BB cream has a slight fruity fragrance though it doesn’t last long. It blends perfectly and gives a light glow with freshness on my skin. The other reason I suggest this BB cream is because it has SPF 21 and UV protection.
Having oily skin, it is always difficult to manage in summers. But I am surprised that after putting Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream, I don’t feel oil on my T-zone even after 4-5 hours. If I am out in sun and sweating then I use a dry face tissue or cotton hanky to dab on to my skin to remove sweat. I use a very small amount on a daily basis so the 18 ml tube goes for 20 to 22 days for me.
Cons of Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream
- Price is little high for 18 ml tube
- Leaves whitish patches if not blends properly
Pros of Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream
- Brightens skin
- Gives a fresh look
- Evens out your complexion
- Leaves skin non-oily and smooth
- Doesn’t break out or clog pores
- Compact & cute packaging
- Easy to carry in your purse
I would completely recommend Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream to my friends and family. Though this product is little high on the pocket but I don’t use foundation, primer or sunscreen on a daily basis so it compensate the expenses. After applying this BB cream it leaves my skin non-greasy and smooth. The added advantage is the SPF and UV protection which completely makes it all-in-one cream.
Overall I would give 8 out of 10 to Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream.